Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are becoming an essential part of managing teams in multicultural organizations. Understanding the importance and benefits of inclusion and inclusive leadership helps to build trust, foster psychological safety and create a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where everyone can feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive.
The objectives of this course are:
- Understand the importance and benefits of inclusion and inclusive leadership in managing a diverse team;
- Understand what limits trust and psychological safety on a team;
- Reflect on how aspects of your identity have influenced your experiences at work;
- Reflect on the level of trust, psychological safety, and inclusion on your team and how bias, team dynamics, meeting processes, decision-making, and your role as leader may factor in;
- Acquire strategies and tools for building trust, psychological safety, and greater inclusion within your team and, in particular, among team members who may feel excluded or experience less trust and psychological safety;
- Identify priority actions to take following the workshop.
Supervisors, managers and any staff with supervisory functions