18 Jan 13:30 - 18 Jan 16:30
Inspira Activity Code:
You cannot predict when an emergency may occur, but you can decide not to be a helpless witness. First aid training gives you the knowledge and skills to effectively respond to an emergency, but more importantly, the confidence to act when needed. In some situations, the first minutes are crucial. Being there to help and knowing what to do could be the difference between life and death.
This 3 hour-workshop is designed to enable you to assist victims in case of life-threatening situations until help arrives.
Are you ready to save lives?
At the end of this workshop, you will:
- know who and how to efficiently alert in the UN compound and outside;
- be able to assess consciousness and place a victim in recovery position;
- learn how to recognize a cardiac arrest, perform chest compressions and use a defibrillator;
- know the maneuvers to use on adults and children in case of choking;
- be able to recognize the most common symptoms of stroke and take action quickly.
Find more information here: